I am EXCITED to announce that my blog buddy Melanie, from the Ultra-Fab Two Years and Counting has bestowed upon me the Sunshine Award. Ch-ch-check it out:
- Put the logo within your post or on your sidebar.
- Share the love and pass the award to 12 other bloggers.
- Link the nominees inside of your post.
- Comment on the nominees' blogs to let them know you've just given them props. :)
- Give a shout-out to the person who nominated, and post a link to his/her blog as well.
Without further ado, here are my 12 nominees:
1. Marquita's Marks: Why? Because she's my cousin, damnit! Oh, and she's also a pretty good writer. She frequently combines her love of the lit and music world all while maintaining her wit.
2. Racquel Writes: Why? Because she's like the little sis I never had! And she provides wonderful tips on the writing process AND fashion. You better work!
3. YA Highway: Just how many times have I mentioned this blog on my own site? The ladies over there keep their eyes open on all of the YA dish, from exclusive interviews and book reviews, to advice on how to overcome procrastination. I'm always eager to see what they have to say.
4. Literary Rambles: This blog is what encouraged me to do my own series on agents I'd love to represent me one day. Additionally, she provides useful writing tips every Tuesday. :)
5. Courtney Summers: Not only is she becoming one of my fave authors (Some Girls Are will make you scoff at the antics of the Mean Girls), but she also gives everyone an inside look of the writing life once you get published.
6. Elizabeth Scott: For the same reason why I love Courtney's--she's an incredible YA author who takes time away from writing to inform inspiring writers on the process. Whoa, that was wordy. She also does a great round-up of publishing info from across the web.
7. Readergirlz: The place to go book reviews, author interviews, and other fun and informative tidbits!
8. Pub Rants: Possibly one of my fave agent blogs evah! Literary Agent Kristin Nelson talks about the querying process, as well as all of the work that comes with finally nabbing that agent.
9. Kidlit: Did I say that Pub Rants is my favorite agent blog? Decisions, decisions! I love lit agent Mary Kole's site just as much, and as the title would suggest--her blog focuses on children's lit. Definitely my cup of tea.
10. That Thing I'm Writing: Where do I begin about why I heart this blog? Not only is the author so cool that she goes simply by a letter (V--how awesome is that?), but she also provides remedies for soothing the "querying too soon" itch.
11. The Insanity of Writerhood: Besides the kick-ass title, this blog is authored by Kody Keplinger--an 18-year-old writer who's having her first YA novel published this year (props to The DUFF!). She shares how she juggles college with her newfound career as an author. Not to mention that she's a member of YA Highway AND YA Rebels (check them out on YouTube!).
12. Kate's Sphere of Domesticity: The author of this blog, Kate Hart, has sass for days. I love swinging by to chuckle at something on a day when I'm feeling down. She also shares the same love for YA lit. Are we noticing a trend?
Shwew, there you have it. It was hard narrowing down my nominees to just 12 (Perez Hilton, you were thiiiiiis close), but I think that all of the above are well deserving. Please pay a visit to their blogs--you won't be disappointed! :)