Our Masterpieces...Err, Our Novels

Friday, April 16, 2010

Fitness Friday: I Did It...Kinda!

Workout Song of the Day: "Rude Boy" by Rihanna
Okay, you may remember me mentioning that I got this for Christmas:




And then I went ahead and bought this:


Well, I'm finally done. You see, The Biggest Loser game gives you a choice between choosing a 4-week, 8-week, and 12-week program. I--being eager and, well, dumb--chose the latter. So it was 12 weeks of working out almost everyday, 12 weeks of writing down everything that I ate. Every. Single. Thing. 12 weeks of cursing at Jillian for telling me to "pick it up!" when all I wanted to do was retch and crawl into a ball and weep. But, after all my hard work, I lost a grand total of:

14 POUNDS

Go me! Okay, maybe my goal was to lose 21 pounds (an extra pound just because), but I still technically lost a little over a pound a week--which is great! Plus, I'm comfortably fitting into most of my size 6's, which was my ultimate goal.

So, what did I do to celebrate? I ate a stack of these:

Terrible, right? Wrong! You see, it's okay to indulge every now and then as long as it's just that--every now and then. While I may not continue my Rambo-like workout regimen, I still plan on getting up and moving at least three times a week. And I'm not going to scribble down in a journal whenever I eat 5 jelly beans anymore. Since I've been journaling my food intake for 12 weeks, I have a good idea of what I should and shouldn't eat--as well as how much I should eat of it.

My point is--I'm officially done with The Biggest Loser, but my weight loss is not a game. If I want to maintain, I have to alter my lifestyle--which I've been able to practice for 12 weeks. So, my advice to all of you weight watchers out there, don't just be a fad--be fabulous! Does that make sense?

9 comments:

Amanda Hannah said...

Congratulations! That's some awesome dedication :)

Melanie said...

14 pounds! You are amazing!

Have you looked at the Biggest Loser Ranch? I am seriously thinking about going there for a week in June. Eek! Maybe I will start out with a boot camp in my area and see if I survive!

Marquita Hockaday said...

Yes! Makes perfect sense :) Very proud of you!

Glenna said...

Nothings tops off fourteen pounds lost like a stack of pancakes. I, however, like to skip to the pancake part and save the exercise for a distant later.

Anyways, congratulations! That's just about three bags of potatoes shed, which is a totally awesome thing.

Jon Paul said...

Congrats! Yeah, I need to get back to the workout routine myself. You've inspired me!

Have a great weekend.

Pam Harris said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! And Melanie, we totally need to hit up the ranch together. :) Painful? Yes! Scary? Yes! Fun? Probably not. :)

Katie Ashley said...

Congrats! I'm hoping to start using the "family" Wii, the one bought by my grandmother for us to use, lol, for some fitness stuff. I used to walk 5K a day, and then I got a b12 deficiency that literally wiped me out. I'm doing 2 shots a week, and I hope to goodness to be back to my former self soon cuz I need the exercise!

But once again, congrats! That's awesome! :)

lisa and laura said...

Holy crap--that's awesome! That is a lot of weight in such a short amount of time. Go you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! on your success. Wifey and I want to buy a Wii so we can do the exercise thing. I like tai chi. She likes yoga.

Stephen Tremp