Our Masterpieces...Err, Our Novels

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Contest: We Need Titles!

Writing Song of the Day: "What's My Name" by Rihanna ftg. Drake (check it out on our Rock With Us tab!)

Sooo, we kinda crept past 75 followers (woo hoo!). And I kinda mentioned on Twitter that we may have a contest once we reached this milestone. Well, since we're having a contest, we figured we'd be a little selfish, too. :)

Quita and I have story ideas for days, but the one thing that we really suck at?

Titles.

So we stole an idea from the lovely Lauren Oliver and are asking our wonderful followers for your help! We'll give you our NaNoWriMo pitches below and you can leave title ideas in the comments. If we choose your title, you'll win a $15 dollar Amazon Gift Card plus a novel! Which novel? Either...


Or...

That's right...we'll have TWO WINNERS! One winner for naming Pam's story, and one winner for naming Quita's story. Both will win a gift card and one of these lovely novels (whoever contacts us first will get first choice).

The rules? Please don't list more than TWO titles for EACH pitch. Oh, and make sure you follow our blog. And that's it. Of course, you can spread the word about our great contest, but that's entirely up to you--we won't love you any less. ;) Winners will be announced next Thursday, November 11th (Leo's b-day, by the way!). Without further ado, here are the pitches (plus click here for more in depth info):

Pam's NanNoWriMo Story:
Since Tara can remember, her older sister has always been sickly. But now she's wandering off, screaming right before people die, and squeamish around iron. She has to be a changeling, right? It's Lost Boys with fairies!

Quita's NaNoWriMo Story:

Avery always wished for a life better than being dragged from foster home to foster home. When a seemingly nice couple from North Carolina and the school's hottest girl take an interest in Avery, he feels his wishes have been granted. Not if Lincoln has anything to do with it.

Now have at it! :)

8 comments:

Alex Mullarky said...

Pam:
Phantasmagoria (yeah it's pretty crazy but also a pretty word (: )

Quita:
Wish (I always just liked this word on its own)

:p

Alicia Gregoire said...

Oh good luck, ladies. I suck at titles myself. I'll mention this on my blog though.

Racquel Henry said...

I love titles! Is it cheating if I call you guys for more information? lol

Racquel Henry said...

P.S. Alex Mullarky, I recognize you! ;)

KatOwens: Insect Collector said...

I love to change titles over and over again as I write. My first titles usually get tossed, but here goes:
Pam: The Other Child
Quita: Final Chance

Abby Stevens said...

I am so bad with titles, but here are my entries:

Pam - THE UNEXPECTED
Quita - CHANCES

Holly Hill said...

Pam - The Fairy Blend
Quita - Never Forever

That's hard to do without knowing more about the stories! lol

KatOwens: Insect Collector said...

Not to throw MYSELF under the bus, but I like Holly's Never Forever