Reminiscing Song of the Day: "Wish" by Nine Inch Nails
We're trying something new at my uber-new, uber-cool group blog, Paper Hangover. Every other week, we'll be doing the Friday Fives. This week's prompt: The FIVE things you wish you'd known before you became a writer...
Let's give this a try, shall we?
1. You know that "lame" English assignment? You know, the one where you have to swap papers with classmates and help them revise? Yeah, pay attention to those. It's going to make you a helluva beta reader.
2. You can kill your darlings. Sure, it sounds a little...morbid. But if you start missing any of them, you'll always have them saved in another file.
3. What? You'd rather read than to go to Tom, Dick, or Harry's big bash this weekend? Cool! The more you read, the better you write.
4. Your mom thinks you can be immature sometimes, but that's a COMPLIMENT! Your eternal adolescent behavior will make you a pretty cool YA writer.
5. Typing does not equal exercise. Get your butt to Zumba class.
What about you all? Any 5 things you wish you would've known? Swing by Paper Hangover to check out what others have to say. :)
BTW, we're joining the lovely Alicia, Holly, and Erinn in the Query Letter Blogfest! Join us and post your query letters on your blogs on April 19th--we'll make sure you get some valuable feedback!