Our Masterpieces...Err, Our Novels

Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Fives: Distractions

Procrastinating Song of the Day: "Distraction" by Angels and Airwaves

Good Friday, peeps! We hope you all have a great weekend & a great Memorial Day. With that being said, let's get this weekend started right, shall we?

Via Paper Hangover (Pam's group blog--check it out here) we're getting our Friday Five on!



This week they wanna know:


What are FIVE of your most distracting (procrastination-worthy) things (habits, websites, etc.) on the internet?



As we've admitted numerous times on this blog, we have diagnosed ourselves with adult ADHD, therefore this list could be A LOT longer than five things. But for the sake of keeping things short we've narrowed our Internet distractions to the following five items:


1.) TWITTER--Omigod. We were actually not willing to get Twitter accounts at one point. Now, I don't think we could live without it. A day that you don't see us tweet something, anything (even just a re-tweet) , is a day that zombies have attacked our humble Virginia county.


2.) BLOGS- Right after we made our own blog (we used to have individual blogs at one point) we proceeded to find other writers and readers so that we could be on the up and up about any news, advice, or general support.

3.) Pam: As I mentioned in my post from Monday(here), Publisher's Marketplace is part of my daily routine. It never hurts to see what's getting purchased. This way I know where my own writing stands and I get more motivated to finish current WIPs.

4.) Quita: E-mail. LAWD, I check my e-mail once every ten seconds. Hoping that I'll get that response from an agent that I've been waiting for since March/April.



5.) Celebrity Gossip Websites: It's not always trashy stuff (Pam gave up Perez Hilton's site at least a year ago), but we do like to keep up with the news on the Hollywooders that we stalk on a daily basis. You know, the likes of Leo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Robert Pattinson, Justine Timberlake, etc.

There, you know how we procrastinate when we should be writing that masterpiece that we're dying to get out of our heads. What about you--how do you distract yourself on the Internet?

10 comments:

Holly Hill said...

YES. Email, blogs, and twitter all made my list too. lol

Jennifer Pickrell said...

#5 - I will click on stories about celebrities I've never even heard of...I see actor or singer in the headline and it's like I can't help it

Unknown said...

I'm not immune to being a bit intrigued with celebrity gossip. I like to pretend that I'm not into it though. So, don't tell anybody.

Alicia Gregoire said...

Blogs is a downfall for me as is Twitter. But you ladies should know that.

Ellen said...

well you already covered some of my faves... twitter/blog/email :)
so, just gonna add FACEBOOK (damn that website), and fmylife.com. and also lolcats. and failblog. (does that count as a blog though? hmm). and yahoo news. OH.
and Absolute Write!
and my 5 other email accounts x.x

Racquel Henry said...

Good list! And darn, I forgot email! I have three accounts on my phone. And I check my writer one and my Black Fox one every ten seconds also! I'm always waiting to hear back from a lit mag. And YES Twitter...I would die without it...I have you girls to thank for that! Lol. :)

Leia-Ann said...

Blogs and Twitter for me too! Also, I have been known to consume celebrity gossip. From time to time. I can stop any time I want. Really.

Erin L. Schneider said...

How did I forget gossip sites? Yowza!

As I sit here at my desk at work, I have 6 different gossip mags just waiting for me to read! Only to then be followed up by checking out all the deets on the web!

Yet another great distraction to add to my list...
Thanks for that! :)

Christine Murray said...

Glad I'm not the only celebrity obsessed one out there :)

Tracey Neithercott said...

Yes! Blogs are my number one distraction, followed by email and Twitter. I don't read too many celebrity sites because when I do I end up spending a crazy amount of time on them. Also, I leave hating my wardrobe. And my hair.