Our Masterpieces...Err, Our Novels

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fitness Friday: The iPod is Your Friend!


Workout Song of the Day: "Go Low" by Ludacris (I'm actually not too fond of this song, but I hear it all the time now!)

So, I'm posting my Fitness Friday a TAD late because I spent all of my Friday touring London by foot (which will actually be the topic of next week's Fitness Friday--with pictures!). I think since I try to include a workout song for each post, my first topic for this series is only fitting.


They say the best way to burn calories and lose weight is to actually include high impact intervals in your routine. In other words, spend a few minutes doing everything really hard and really fast, and then return to moderate exercising. I got this idea from a co-worker: when you're going out for a walk/jog/run, create a playlist. But here's the catch--start with about 3 low-tempo songs back to back, and then have one really fast-tempo song thrown in. During the low-tempo song, you walk/jog at a comfortable pace, and then when the fast tempo song plays, you give it all that you got. For the next round, you should have 2 low-tempo songs, and then 2 fast-tempo songs. Keep this routine going until you're doing longer high impact exercises than the low impact ones. Granted, you may need to get something done with your hair once you've finish this routine (and my "sistas" know what I'm talking about), but the pay-off will be so worth it.

So, what are you waiting for? Strap on some cross-trainers, put in your earphones, and hit the road! :)

1 comment:

Marquita Hockaday said...

I def. know what you mean about the hair (my hair sweats when I wash dishes and I need to straighten it again!). I think this is some really good advice and I hope to try it soon- as soon as I get the motivation, until then can I just exercise with your Wi? :)