Our Masterpieces...Err, Our Novels

Monday, January 11, 2010

My Agent Wish List: Paige Wheeler


Workout Song of the Day: "Toxic" by Britney Spears


Tag, you're it, Paige Wheeler! Ms. Wheeler is a founding partner of Folio Literary Management, LLC--a full service agency that helps to mold the next authors on the bestsellers lists!
Why I Heart Her: She's the first agent that I ever spoke to face-to-face at a conference, and she helped me realized that agents are not as intimidating as some may think. She was warm, open, and let me ask "stupid" questions. Not to mention, it was her that encouraged me to create this blog, since she believes that having a platform can garner more readership for aspiring authors.
Why You'll Heart Her: Did I mention that she's a founder of a full service literary agency? This means that not only could she garner you a publishing deal, but she'll help you shape your whole career, as well. She'll help with marketing both your books AND yourself.
Who She Represents: Anna Campbell, Sheila Roberts, Julianne MacLean, and C.E. Lawrence among many others.
What She's Looking For: In fiction, commercial and "book club" fiction; women's fiction; romance; mysteries, thrillers, and suspense. In nonfiction, both narrative and prescription--or anything that would be "a good fit for the Today show."
Notable Net Nuggets: Here are links to some of her interviews and other info:
Examiner Spotlight
How to Submit to Her: Please note--she'll only accept email queries and submissions! Send the query, synopsis, and the first 5 pages of your manuscript to her at paige@foliolit.com. Make sure to include "query" in your subject line--and expect a response in 6-8 weeks!
So, now that I've done all the dirty work for you, get a move on!

2 comments:

Marquita Hockaday said...

Thanks for this one, she sounds like she could be a great fit for my novel and the kinds of things that I like to write- I think I might just have to query her one of these days :)

Anonymous said...

goyard outlet
ggdb outlet
steph curry shoes
yeezy boost 350
yeezy
supreme new york
Golden Goose Deluxe Brand
off-white
goyard
off white