I'm interrupting our weekly Agent Wish List series to give you a round up of the top money-makers in the biz. By money-makers, I mean the agents who are able to pound the pavement for you and actually sell your books. And since we love all things YA (hence our new blog title), I'm focusing on the top deal makers in the YA industry. This list is generated from Publishers Marketplace. That's right. I subscribe to PM so you don't have to.
I've included the link to the agents' websites in case you're considering querying them. Also, just let me know if you want me to highlight any of these agents in our Wish List series (and if you can think of anyone outside of this list that you want to know more about, give them a shout-out in the comments below):
1. Rosemary Stimola from Stimola Literary Studio. 14 deals in the last 12 months; 11 six-figure deals overall. Sales include Leah Clifford's A Touch Mortal, Aimee Carter's The Goddess Test, Julie Halpern's Get Well Soon.
2. Sara Crowe from Harvey Klinger. 9 deals in the last 12 months; 4 six-figure deals overall. Sales include Kristen Tracy's Enid Adrift, Robison Wells' Variant, and Lisa Schroeder's The Day Before.
3. Michael Bourret from Dystel & Goderich Literary Management. 8 deals in the last 12 months. Sales include Erin Downing's Eclipsed and Lisa McMann's Dead to You and The Unwanteds.
4. Stephen Barbara from Foundry Literary + Media. 7 deals in the last 12 months; 5 six-figure deals overall. Sales include Elizabeth Miles' Fury, Jess Rothenberg's The Catastrophic History of You & Me, and Cara Chow's Bitter Melon.
5. Kate Schafer Testerman from KT Literary. 7 deals in the last 12 months. Sales include Josie Bloss' Faking Faith, Carrie Harris' No Pain, No Brain, and Julia Karr's XVI.
6. Barry Goldblatt from Barry Goldblatt Literary. 6 deals in the last 12 months; 2 six-figure deals overall. Sales include Jo Knowles' See You at Harry's!, Mette Ivie Harrison's Tris & Izzie, and Robin Wasserman's The Book of Blood and Shadow.
7. Jessica Regel from Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency. 6 deals in the last 12 months. Sales include K. Ryer Breese's Past Continuous, Kate Kae Myers' The Third Freak, and Emily Danforth's Lucky Human.
8. Holly Root from Waxman Literary Agency. 6 deals in the last 12 months. Sales include Rachel Hawkins' Rebel Belle, Lara Chapman's Flawless, and Maureen Lipinski's Ethereal Girl.
9. Edward Necarsulmer IV from McIntosh & Otis. 5 deals in the last 12 months; 1 six-figure deal overall. Sales include Carrie Jones' next two books in the Need series.
10. Ginger Knowlton from Curtis Brown. 5 deals in the last 12 months. Sales include Ellen Levine's Jamie's Choice, Lynn Biederman and Lisa Pazer's Teenage Waistland, and Todd Mitchell's The Secret to Lying.
NOTE: Please know that we're not saying you should query these agents because of these figures. If you really want to write, you'll write because you love it and yadda yadda yadda. I wanted to do this so you can have an idea of current trends and the kinds of books in which your fave agents may be interested. Happy Querying!